1. Save money on bills. You may not be aware of how much money you can save if you just pay a bit of attention at how you use water and electricity. Leaving the tap on, for example, can waste a lot of water (and consequently, a lot of money as well). Leaving the light on can, again, waste electricity. Using old appliances uses more electricity than the new ones. And the list can go on and on. All these small things will eventually account for something at the end of the year. Although it will most likely not be enough money for you to go on your dream holiday, it will be much more than nothing at all.
2. Save money on food and house supplies. If you pay attention at the special offers supermarkets have, then you may be able to save quite a lot of money over the course of one year. Eating out is the fastest way to burn a hole in your wallet, so be mindful of this.
3. Stop spending recklessly. A night out in town, a pair of shoes you don’t really need (and you won’t really wear much), a new mobile phone – these can be expenses that get quite high if you add them up. By the end of the year, they can account for a lot of money you can use for a different purpose: that of finally making your dream holiday become a reality.
4. Hunt for special offers for your dream holiday. In many cases, booking early means that you will most likely get prices that are much better. This stands true for accommodation and transportation especially, but if you are searching for an all-inclusive pack, then you should be able to find that at a lower price too if you make sure to book early (9 months ahead for example).
5. Work more. Working extra hours is not really most people’s idea of fun, but the truth is that these hours can make up for a pretty nice sum of money at the end of the year. You don’t really need to work 12 hours/day to save money. If you work 5 extra-hours each week, you should be able to see quite a big change in your bank account. If you don’t want to work extra hours at your job (or if they simply don’t pay the extra hours), then try to find something you can make money from. Evening work like bar tending can be a great way to make some extra money.