Niagara Falls is one of the ancient wonders of the world and when you visit there it’s easy to see why. Here are five reasons to visit the Niagara Falls next time you are planning a holiday.
1. Get wet, with getting up close and personal to the falls and surrounding rivers. There are many boat tours on offer, so pick one that suits you and the family. The famous ‘Maid of the Mist’, which I’m sure you have seen in many movies, takes you right to the falls edge, where you will be deafened by the roaring water above and sprinkled with the mist of the falls. Or if you are after a bit more of an adventure, you take the jet boat down the Niagara River to the gorge below. There’s so much you can do on your Niagara Falls getaway. The best fun is going through the rapids on your way to Niagara Lake.
2. Experience the city. Canada has spent a lot of effort in developing the city, which now offers a multitude of attractions for many types visitors. If you are after a romantic holiday then you can stay in one of the many upscale hotels available like the Hilton, and taste your way through the many fine-dining restaurants on offer. The city is perfect for families too with the many child friendly restaurants, water parks and theme parks for entertainment.
3. Enjoy the nightlife. The city has a great nightlife offering tourists many bars, nightclubs and restaurants. You can’t visit the region without visiting one of the many games sites on offer, even if it is to just put a coin through the pokies.
4. Get a birds eye view of the falls. Helicopter tours mean you can experience the sheer beauty of the falls from above. It doesn’t last long, but you don’t need that much time to appreciated just how large and wonderful these falls are. They even offer weddings up above if you want to get married overlooking the falls.
5. Explore the surrounding Niagara region with its great wine and food. It is home to more than 60 different wineries, offering international award winning wines and cuisine. You can take sip on wine in one of the many tasting rooms, sample the amazing food at their restaurants or shop up a storm their cellar doors. If you just want to focus on food then you can take the culinary trail that will guide you to many excellent restaurants offering a farm to table experience filled with local produce.